Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 14--Cake

Our inbox has been filled with delightful stories and some very yummy offerings.

Ann in Denmark got her daughter involved--while Ann drew her twinchie, her soon-to-be ten year-old daughter actually baked a cake! She said by the time she finished drawing, the house smelled heavenly. YUM!

Cake
by Ann
Sarah shared this story from Michigan:

This year a very special thing happened while at lunch on my birthday. An older lady was having her birthday at the restaurant with a group of people. She was in her late 70's, and I was turning 38. I waved at her and wished her a happy birthday and said 'me too!' And she smiled. A half hour later one of the older ladies friends brings my Mom and I each a piece of coconut cream cake. 
I will treasure that moment as I said thank you, and the old lady waved and smiled. Definitely the best birthday cake ever. 

Cake
by Sarah

From Arkansas, Freebird sent a slightly off-centered wedding cake:

Cake
by Freebird
Our official response to the challenge is:

Cake
by Cheryl
This weeks offerings made us very hungry! It just happens to be a birthday WEEK in our house, but EVERY day is cause for celebration, isn't it?
Be sure to check out what all of these talented artists are doing--it's typically a LOT! And join in the fun, won't you?
Until next time....Let them eat CAKE!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The creations are just wonderful, aren't they? And some are tasty treats, too! It has been fun to read the stories that are the inspiration that become the art. c

      Delete